Thursday, May 26, 2016

Why I write

My inspirations for writing has always been circled around my life and those that are a part of my life whether its for this season or the next.  When I first began writing, a dear friend of mine told me that my life was like a book and that was the first story I should write about. It sheds a light on the path we're on from beginning to end. When I was just a little girl, I began writing in journals. I  also loved to read because it gave me an opportunity to escape, to be free.  Every trial and tribulation that I have gone through has always and will always be my inspiration to write. Words inspire me. People inspire me. I love being creative and imaginative. Getting my feet wet in all genres of writing, has taught me that writing is in itself an inspiration. Everything and everyone that has been a part of my life has taught me a lot about myself. All of these things come together to inspire me to write compelling stories whether the stories are fiction or non fiction. Writing is a passion for me. I don't think I will be truly happy in life if I was told today or tomorrow that I should give up on writing and find another passion in life.  Every story, idea, debate, issue that has touched me in some way inspires me to write.


No comments:

Post a Comment